Monday, September 2
We are closely monitoring Hurricane Dorian as it approaches Central Florida. Due to the current forecast, the church office will be closed on Tuesday, the 3rd and Wednesday, the 4th. All activities and meetings for these two days are canceled. There will be no Wednesday night Dinner and Discipleship.
If you have needs during or after the storm you can call the church office to let us know. (407-339-3817) If you call and hear a prompt regarding our lack of service, the church building is without power.
You can also reach out to your deacon to let him know about the needs that you have, and he will be able to pass all pertinent information along so we can do our best to care for our church family during this time.
Below are some resources for you and your family as you prepare for the storm.
Before the storm:
- Make sure your family is prepared and ready.
- Visit prepareseminole.org to make a family disaster plan.
- Proactively reach out to your neighbors (particularly if you know anyone who is elderly, mobility-impaired, disabled, has medical needs or small children, or lives in a mobile/home or RV).
- Find out who is staying and who is leaving.
- Offer shelter if you have room, or offer to locate a shelter and provide transportation there. If you’re aware of someone who is alone, invite them to weather the storm in your home.
After the storm:
- When the storm has passed and it is safe to venture out, be aware of downed power lines and hazards as you check in with your neighbors.
- If you are in a position to do so, offer to share resources (water, food, repair efforts).
- If there is flooding, do not attempt to cross waist-deep water.