First Baptist Longwood
Coronavirus Prevention and Preparedness Information
March 14, 2020
Our church leadership has been in constant communication regarding the latest developments surrounding the COVID-19 outbreak. The information below is the latest update that we have for you.
The church leadership is united in our concern and care for the spiritual and physical well-being of our entire church family, and we continue to strive to follow our biblical mandate to shepherd and serve the flock of God, for He is our ultimate authority.
We are still planning to meet together for our Sunday worship services. However, we are expecting that many people will stay home and join us online. In fact, we are encouraging anyone with any illness or any compromised immune system to join us online. Instructions for doing so are below.
In accordance with decisions made by our local school system, we are not offering childcare for tomorrow’s worship gathering. Families that attend tomorrow will worship together in the sanctuary.
We will not pass the offering plates tomorrow during the service. As the service concludes our ushers will be stationed by exit doors with offering plates. You can place your offering in the plate as you depart.
You can easily give online as a one-time gift or as a recurring gift by going to the GIVE section of our website. You can also mail your offering to the church office. We will notify you when it arrives. We thank you in advance for your faithful stewardship and generosity that will allow us to continue to be effective in fulfilling the ministry God has given us here and around the world.
We are cancelling all small group meetings and activities for the week of March 15-22. This includes the cancellation of Sunday School classes for this Sunday (3/15) and next Sunday (3/22). Please stay connected in order to monitor any changes.
We want to make sure you know that our church is putting greater focus on prevention and has taken precautions to keep you and our campus as protected as possible:
- We have implemented more aggressive sanitizing measures to clean frequently touched surfaces.
- While our facilities are open now, we may close the campus on specific days for extra cleaning. We will let you know if this occurs.
- We are staying up-to-date with our city, state and federal guidelines.
- We have temporarily postponed nursing home and hospital visitation. Please contact your deacon by phone or email to communicate needs.
- We have postponed our annual Widows and Widowers banquet to a date to be determined.
- The Liberty University Concert for this week has been cancelled.
- We want to ask that if you are sick, please stay home. This is a critically important step in our process of staying of healthy and preventing further spread of the virus, especially to our most vulnerable. If your immune system is compromised, please stay home. If you are sick, stay home and watch online. This is a temporary compromise for the sake of long-term benefit.
Here are three ways to get the latest updates:
- The easiest and quickest way to stay up-to-date with us is by subscribing to our text updates. To sign up, simply text Alert to 22300.
- You can also receive our latest updates by following us on social media (Instagram: fbclongwood434; Facebook: @churchoflongwood).
- All information is posted on our website at fbclongwood.org, with the most current updates on our services and schedule.
Here are three ways we invite you to stay connected:
- You can watch the livestream from our services by visiting fbclongwood.org/watch-live/
- You can give online by visiting fbclongwood.org/give/. You can also mail your offering to the church office and we will notify you when we receive it.
- You can communicate with us at 407-339-3817,or contact your deacon, or connect via fbclongwood.org/contact-chris/to get in touch with Pastoral Care or if you need help.